Wednesday 8 October 2014

Introduction

After spending ten years working in accounting and finance, I decided enough was enough and it was time for a change. I have always enjoyed working with and learning about computers and the different systems that run on them.
The purpose of this blog is to document my learning and progression and if anyone else out their in internet land benefits from it also then great.
I will be mainly blogging about Microsoft Dynamics GP, SQL and object orientated Java. But will also cover some other topics which I am learning.
I am studying software development (object orientated java) with the Open University and recently landed my first job in IT support, supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP a system I had used as a front end user for five years.
Some people seem to believe that studying with the OU is a waste of time and effort as employers do not take it as serious as a redbrick uni. I have found this to be completely untrue and the employers I have spoken to believe that if you are working full time and studying then it doesn't matter where you are getting the degree from as you are furthering your career.
Anyway I digress, if anyone has any question please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment